Pages

Friday, December 6, 2013

St. Nicholas!

A Happy Feast of St. Nicholas, from the elves in Canada to you!

Around here, St. Nicholas' Day gets a little more festive every year. We are very fond of this good kind bishop and we take the excuse to eat chocolate coins and read our new St. Nicholas day books, all day long, without getting out of our pajamas.





I made the boys some new St. Nicholas day hats. They are very good sports to wear them, for five seconds, for the pictures. I understand, I really do, that they are big boys now and mama's silly hats are not quite cool enough for big boys. 


I mean....ears? Seriously, mom.


I'm also smart enough not to say "oooooo, how cute! It's killing me!" whilst taking pictures... There's almost nothing worse to a boy's dignity than being called cute. Still, look at them!

Here are the tomten hats:




Hugh is taking his chocolate up to his room, in this picture, to consume it privately, quickly, and silently. He's no fool, Hugh.




St. Nicholas Day tomtens. OOOOOOOooooo, how cute!

4 comments:

  1. CUTE! You have such a adorable family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Tomte! I love Scandinavian traditions. Saint Nicholas left us some candy and a picture book, too! We're looking forward to Saint Lucia Day next. Those hats are just beautiful. Very cheerful, festive, and handsome.

    Your little cabin is my dream home. :sigh: Maybe someday. (P.S. What did you hang the snowflakes from? I'm wanting to hang mine, but we don't have beams in the ceiling!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the hats look great! What are the books you bought. I'm always on the lookout for a good book.

    ReplyDelete