(another sewing post)After wrecking the pantry doors through attempted renovation plus appalling ignorance
|wrecking my cupboards|
...I had to make an emergency curtain.
It turned into a really fun free-form sewing project. I started by cutting shapes at random and pinning them to an old sheet...
...that had already lived a long and useful life as a sheet, a duvet cover, and a chair cover.
I Then I sewed it all down with zig-zag stitch and machine-embroidered some wood-grain onto the tree. I have to say that feeding this much fabric through the sewing machine, with pins sticking out in every direction, felt a bit silly. There probably is a better way. But it was so lovely in the end!
A bit of embroidery here and there. I'll do more when I've gotten some other projects off my chest.